Friday, January 31, 2014

Poem: Loving The Damaged Parts of My heart

This Poem is dedicated to that special person who made me believe that love doesn't have to hurt. 

The time spent hurt and alone
In the presence of one that would never know
The depths of my soul that would never heal
To understand would be to feel

Now left damaged and untrusting
For someone to find loving
The damaged parts that I've become
To pick them up and make them home

For only one with a soul replicated
Could love the parts I've hated
Mirrored souls become one mind
Left for my other half to find

In the deep reaches of my mind
There you will find a love so kind
That hides behind walls so tall
Only a true heart can make them fall

By one who accepts my damaged parts
Cherishing the broken pieces of my heart
Never needing for them to be put together
Seeing the beauty in its disaster


7 comments:

  1. Just like the first time I heard this poem, I'm once again speechless!!! and that's something totally rare for me!!! I guess the only thing that I can say right now about this that comes to mind is you're a talented, special and unique creature and I love it, you and everything about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Babe, Im so lucky to have you. The biggest risks give the biggest reward. Love you xox

      Delete
  2. Don't ever change my love!!! you're the most unique human being I've ever met and the world needs someone like you to balance out the crazies, weirdos, psychopaths, wanna-be's, and the worst ones of all, the ones who think they're completely normal!!! if more people in the world were more like you or even a fraction of you this crazy insane fucked up world wouldn't be so full of chaos and bullshit and maybe, just maybe there'd be more happiness in it!!! love you with all my heart and soul and ill never let you go kitten!!!I'm the luckiest man in the universe to have you come into my life and love me as much as you do for who I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me, but I came across your website and I am so in love with this poem. I am not only a recovering addict, but a victim of domestic violence. This poem really hits home for me and I can only hope that someday I will find someone to love the damaged me and all of my broken pieces. #amazingpoem #hopeful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem really came from the heart. I never thought I would find someone as amazing and as loving as this man. I was in an abusive relationship when I met him and he took me away from that. I never thought someone could be that good to me. His love is healing parts of me that I thought would never heal. I know love will find you in time, just need that courage to take that leap of faith when it finds you. I feel like this love is like my compensation for all the bullshit I've been through. Karma do good, love deeply and deep love will find you. Good luck on finding the one, and don't settle for anything less than you deserve. Know your worth, we often except the love we think we deserve. Thank for the comment hun.

      Delete
  4. Don'tgotherenoel8 March 2014 at 08:16

    I really liked it keep the good work up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks