Sunday, July 14, 2013

Job Hunting


Since losing my job on June 29th I've been actively looking for a job for the past 2 weeks. The first week I mostly sent resumes online and got a couple interviews that way but with out any luck. So this week I decided to go print out some resumes and drop them off around where I live since I don't have a car and the bus cost money. I haven't had any call backs yet, but I'm hoping I get some as soon as possible this week so I can get the interviews done before I leave to go camping on Thursday, since Ill be gone until Wednesday. Although getting a job is really important to me right now, I just cant miss this camping trip. I've been looking forward to doing the annual camping trip with my mom again ever since I left for college 3 years ago. And this camping trip has been planned for over two months now. Hopefully my cell still works where I'm going camping in case I get a call for a job.

I also made an appointment for Tuesday with someone to help me find a job but I realized afterwards that he is probably not going to want to do anything until I get back from camping. I believe he is going to want to wait because that's exactly what he did when I went and seen him around exam time in April. And then what happened was we kept missing each others calls and leaving each other messages until I just ended finding a job with out him. Hopefully this time he is more helpful and helps me during our appointment instead of rescheduling for when I get back. Although I do understand him maybe wanting to wait, he could still send me to places on Wednesday with my resume. But then again I wont be able to interview until I get back so it might be pointless. As long as our appointment is productive Ill be happy. Maybe he can get a sense of what kind of job I'm looking for and I'm qualified for so that while I'm gone he can find some good places for me to apply at when I get back.

I'm just hoping this week isn't a waste of time on getting closer to finding a job specially since I could be at my moms taking care of my brother and spending time with him while my moms out of town helping my aunt move. I would rather be helping my mom then worrying about finding a job. But after thinking about it I realized that getting a job as soon as possible would mean my mom wouldn't have to keep helping me with money and worrying about me as much. I just want to do the right thing, it was such a difficult decision. Id like to start working as soon as I get back since I really need the money and theirs only going to be 1 month left before I go back to school and cut down my hours to only 1 shift or 2 a week. At this point Id take pretty much any job I can find.


Charmed

3 comments:

  1. Chelsea, Hey, Johnny, long time since, I last read and commented on your blog, Reading this i to have had a hard time seeking employment though, I have over twenty years in the field of Home-Improvement and have had many Contractors as references due to my past criminal and drug related crimes NO ONE WOULD GIVE ME THE TIME OF DAY But, I got lucky working through an Agency, Once, in the door an the company seen how devoted and how hard I worked I finally was offered a permanent position with the company who I was working with through the temp. Patients is the key and as far as Mom is concern trust me she would much rather help you and keep you focus than have you fall......MOMS You Gots Too LOve Them and as far as you Taking care of her I to have faith in You, YOU WILL MAKE MOMS Proud, Not that She is Not Now!!!!! Hey! Keep up the Good Fight!!!! Your Brother in Recovery Johnny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya my moms pretty great, I'm happy I haven't had to ask her for money since getting my job at subway. I just really miss her. All this working and school has kept me too busy to go visit but thankfully Xmas is coming.

      Delete
  2. During this time, Substance abuse treatment Center program gained the attention and respect of President Ronald Reagan. While visiting the Houston facility in 1983, he told residents: "We believe in many of the same things, such as opportunity, hard work and [the] self-confidence that work can bring. ...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks