Friday, May 03, 2013

My Life On Pain Killers


I know I've talked about my addiction to Pain Killers before but this video explains more about the day to day life when I was addicted. I used to snort Oxycontin daily and could not function with out them. I got addicted at a young age and I even had perks prescribed to me pretty easily for my tooth. Its hard for someone who isn't an addict to understand the pain we addicts are in and how our minds are literally unable to think about anything else until we get our fix. It comes to the point where its not even about the high anymore we just want to function without pain. I would wake up and not be able to think, eat, or even get out of bed without a pill. I was in the worst physical pain I had ever been in. It was just a continuous, none stop, nagging pain deep in my bones and muscles. It felt like torture. The emotional pain which is soo terrible also comes back ten time worst but its nothing compared to the physical pain. All of the pain was unbearable and I don't know what I would of done with out methadone. At lease now that I've been able to learn the coping skills necessary to stop using because I've had time to think without pain. Something I could of never done before. And now that I'm better of spirit and mind I can work towards slowly getting off methadone with the supervision and help of a doctor.

Charmed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks