Sunday, June 21, 2015

Poem: Nowhere Left to Turn

depression quote

I didn't get to post my usual weekly post last week because I've been dealing with some stuff. I can't write when my mind won't cooperate. So since I still haven't gotten around to finishing a post I thought I'd share a poem that I've been working on. This is the rough draft, the poem obviously needs some work but it does explain a little bit about what I've been dealing with. 


Nowhere Left to Turn

I feel trapped with nowhere to go.
A loneliness surrounds me
I’m suffocating, I can't break free.

I'm filled with doubt
 Second guessing every thought,
 Bridges burn, Nowhere left to turn,

Skilled in avoiding what’s bothering me.
How can I begin to let someone in 
 I can't let the feelings creep in.

I'm on autopilot, I’ve become numb.
Once so vigilant noticing every detail,
Now people talk and I don’t even hear them.

I’m not like everyone else,
 I’m semi-functional at best,
It's all so draining, I can't be myself

 They will never understand me,
Or respect my boundaries,
That's why I can’t commit,

When I have to hide who I really am
There's nothing left to talk about
So I avoid my phone and end up alone

pain quote