Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Taking Charge

Since my birthday was coming up and I had a new year ahead of me, I got inspired to set myself a goal for the coming year. I chose to buy Insanity workout DVDs because mainly I was having serious low energy problem and I heard the best way to get energy is to eat right and exercise. Also I wanted to get into shape and have more endurance. I think this is a great idea especially with summer coming up I want to look my best and have energy to get out and have fun. I just started the workouts a few days ago and I can already feel it in my muscles. Their tight and sore but that what keeps me motivated because I can feel the change. When I was doing the shakes and diet pills for two months around Christmas time I didn't really see or feel a difference and that's why I stopped. With this its totally different, I finish a workout and I cant wait for the next day to do it all over again.

I'm a little disappointed that I can't keep up with the people in the video and that Ill pause it to take a minute or less break. My body has been abused so much by drugs and I haven't worked it out in such a long time, it gets winded really fast. Although I do push myself to the limit and I believe that's what the workout all about. I know with time I'll get better and be able to do more, its just that I didn't realize how out of shape I was. I use to be able to do so much more as a teenagers and now I'm only 24 and I cant keep up. I'm really motivated and I need that to do these videos because they are extremely difficult, especially if your out of shape like me. These workouts are exactly what I need right now and I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

Charmed





2 comments:

  1. Are you still doing the insanity workouts? I know how you feel about gaining weight and having no energy. I have gained 40lbs in the 5 months I have been off of methadone, Oxy and meth. My metabolism has slowed to a crawl. Have you found anything that is working with energy and weight gain. These issues alone are enough to make relapse a viable option for me. I would like to find a solution that will make me feel and look better. Unfortunately nothing is as easy doing some drugs for a few months to drop 20lbs. But that is not an option for me. I was lucky to get clean when I did. It won't be that easy if I relapse. I am pretty sure it would only end when I landed in prison or a grave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that its nice out I'm not doing them as much because I've been going outside more. Also B Vitamins and Iron have helped me since my blood iron deficient and something about my liver being shot from the drugs. Sadly caffeine for energy is what I rely on most of the time. Honestly the more I do, workout, walking, cleaning or whatever the more energy I have. Also I've learned not to have to much junk in the house and have a big glass a milk at night so I'm not hungry during the night. Maybe go get blood work done also. Stay strong, you will find a solution.
      Charmed

      Delete

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks