Monday, December 24, 2012

How Addiction Happened to Me

Addictions usually start when some problem or hurt happens in someones life. For me, I believe it started when my parents separated.  Being such a daddy's girl back then, it really shook me up when he wasn't in my life as much.Their were the insults back and forth between my parents and the pain they were in upset me. It felt like my whole world came crashing down. I felt like Id been lied to and resented everyone for it, so I started rebelling. Its a common fact that teenagers rebel but for me it started a bit earlier than. I  was around 11 when I started not listening to anyone and getting angry very easily. I felt like no one understood me and people saw me as being spoiled which didn't help because I felt the opposite of spoiled. Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious, I was really hurt and people didn't seem to notice that. So I started staying out late, smoking cigarettes, hanging out with the wrong people and that was about it for a while.

Around the same time all of this was happening I found out my dad was doing drugs, my hero, the one person I looked up to. Which got me thinking "drugs are normal, their not a big deal, everyone's doing it, even parents". With that in mind, around the age of 12-13 I started smoking pot with my dads girlfriend. It might seem horrible, but I was so angry and hanging out with the wrong people, it was bound to happen even if parents weren't involved. The way things were going it was probably only a matter of time before I would of started smoking it but I'll never know for sure. Escalating from pot to harder drugs is very common, and for me, it was only a matter of time.



Stay tuned for my next post on the Escalation of my addiction.
Ill also think about what could of been done to help and share it with you.

Charmed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know you dropped by.
If you have a blog, you can share your blog link,
but spammy comments will be removed. Thanks